- About IAMCR
- Sections and Working Groups
- Communication Policy and Technology (CP&T)
- Community Communication
- Emerging Scholars Network
- Gender and Communication
- International Communication
- Journalism Research and Education
- Media and Sport
- Media Education Research
- Mediated Communication, Public Opinion, and Society
- Participatory Communication Research
- Political Communication Research
- Political Economy
- Working groups
- Comic Art
- Communication and HIV/AIDS
- Crisis Communication
- Diaspora and Media
- Digital Divide
- Environment, Science and Risk Communication
- Ethics of Society and Ethics of Communication
- Global Media Policy
- Health Communication and Change
- Islam and Media
- Media Production Analysis
- Media, Religion and Culture
- Popular Culture
- Post-Socialist and Post-Authoritarian Communication
- Public Service Media Policies
- Visual Culture
Is the worldwide professional organisation in the field of media and communication research. Its members promote global inclusiveness and excellence within the best traditions of critical research in the field.
A PASSAGE TO INDIA!
IAMCR's next conference will be held in Hyderabad, India from July 15-19, 2014.
IAMCR 2013 Conference - Videos
You can view video recordings of all the Plenary sessions at the IAMCR 2013. See >
Travel grants for Hyderabad 2014
IAMCR is making twenty five grants of up to US$ 1,500 each to help members in good standing from low and middle income countries participate in our upcoming conference in Hyderabad, India. Details...
Hopeton Dunn Reappointed as Chairman of the Broadcasting Commission of Jamaica
IAMCR Secretary General, Hopeton Dunn, has been reappointed for a second five-year term as chairman of the Broadcasting Commission of Jamaica, the regulatory body for radio, television, and cable TV in Jamaica.
In addition to his position with IAMCR, Professor Dunn is director of the Telecommunications Policy and Management programme at the Mona School of Business, University of the West Indies (UWI) and professor of Communications Policy and Digital Media at the UWI.
News article: Dunn reappointed Broadcasting Commission chairman, Daily Gleaner (Jamaica), 4 November 2011.
#IAMCR on Twitter
IAMCR on Facebook
Edited by David H. Weaver and Lars Willnat
The Global Journalist in the 21st Century systematically assesses the demographics, education, socialization, professional attitudes and working conditions of journalists in various countries around the world. This book updates the original Global Journalist (1998) volume with new data, adding more than a dozen countries, and provides material on comparative research about journalists that will be useful to those interested in doing their own studies.