In alignment with the possibilities offered by the COVID-19 pandemic, and with the conference’s main theme, "Communication Research in the Era of Neo-Globalisation: Reorientations, Challenges and Changing Contexts", IAMCR's 2022 conference will offer multiple modalities for participation. It will be primarily online, with a Chinese national hub in Beijing and other events in China, online, and around the world.
These modalities include:
- Online Conference Papers: A space for IAMCR members to present and get feedback on their work and to get certification of their submission of a conference paper and participation in the online conference.
- Online Video: Both live-streamed and pre-recorded video will be used for plenaries, section and working group sessions, special and partner sessions, interactive forums, and Flow34.
- Chinese National Hub at Tsinghua University: With plenary sessions and some special/partner sessions being organised on-site and streamed live.
- Hybrid Pre-conferences: Hosted at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU).
- IAMCR 2022 Side Events: Independently organised online, face to-face or hybrid pre and post-conferences formally recognised by IAMCR.
- Remote Parallel Events: Universities and national or regional associations in other parts of the world can host parallel events using select ed content from IAMCR 2022, complemented with content from their local event (produced independently).