Travel grants for Dublin 2013
IAMCR is making eight grants of up to US$ 1,500 each available to members in good standing from low and middle income countries who will be participating in our upcoming conference in Dublin, Ireland. The cash awards are intended to help offset the travel costs of IAMCR members who would otherwise be unable to attend the conference. You must have a paper accepted for presentation in order to apply. Applications must be received by 5 April 2013. Only paid up members of IAMCR are eligible to apply.
The eight (8) travel awards to offset the cost of participating in the 2013 conference are available to young scholars (45 years of age or younger as of 25 June, 2013) who have been members in good standing of IAMCR for at least one year, reside in low or middle income countries (see IAMCR's country classification list) and who have an abstract accepted for full presentation at the conference are eligible to apply. For co-authored papers, only the first author will be eligible for an award unless he or she is unable to attend the conference.
Applications must include:
- a letter stating that: (1) you have been a paid up member for at least one full year; (2) you will attend the IAMCR conference and (3) you will submit a full paper before the deadline of 28 May 2013;
- a travel cost budget, which includes the amount requested for the travel award (with a maximum of US$ 1,500);
- a brief biographical statement or CV, clearly stating your age;
- a copy of your accepted abstract;
- a copy of the message from a Section or Working Group coordinator confirming acceptance of your abstract;
- full contact details (name, postal address, telephone, email);
- full financial data allowing for an international bank transfer.
Deadline: Applications must be received by 5 April 2013. Only paid up members of IAMCR are eligible to apply. Send applications to: grants2013 [at] iamcr.org, indicate clearly in the subject of your message that you're applying for a Travel Award.
Decisions: We will notify the award winners by 16 April 2013. Winners will have two weeks to confirm their acceptance, after which unconfirmed grants will be reassigned to other applicants.
Successful applicants must submit their full paper by 28 May 2013.
The travel awards will only be paid after the full paper has been submitted to the conference database and a confirmation email has been sent to grants2013 [at] iamcr.org. Costs inflicted by currency exchanges and bank charges may be deducted from the final grant amount.