JRE Books Launch
Journalism Research and Education Section’s Books - Launch 2021
Watch the recording of this and other webinars on the IAMCR Webinars channel
As part of the IAMCR Webinar Series, the Journalism Research and Education Section is pleased to organise an event for scholars in the field to present their recently released or forthcoming books. The aim is to foster knowledge exchange, collaboration and networking opportunities among IAMCR’s and the global scholarly community.
Date & time: 30 April 2021 @ 12h00 UTC - 08h00 Washington DC / 09h00 Sao Paulo / 12h00 Accra / 13h00 London / 14h00 Oslo and Cape Town / 15h00 Istanbul / 16h00 Abu Dhabi / 20h00 Singapore / 22h00 Sydney.
Sponsored by: Journalism Research and Education Section (JRE)
Moderated by: Dr Sadia Jamil (Khalifa University of Science & Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE)
Description: At this webinar, the book authors/editors will present their work on different areas of journalism in all corners of the world. The participants will join the discussion, interacting with the authors and editors, and using the event as an opportunity for collective celebration.
Books being presented:
- The Communication Manifesto - Silvio Waisbord
- Critical Incidents in Journalism: Pivotal Moments Reshaping Journalism around the World - Edson Tandoc, Joy Jenkins, Rayan Thomas & Oscar Westlund (Editors)
- What is Digital Journalism Studies? - Steen Steensen & Oscar Westlund
- African Language Media: Development, Economics and Management - Abiodun Salawu (Editor)
- Foreign Aid and Journalism in the Global South: A Mouthpiece for Truth - Jairo Lugo-Ocando
- Data Journalism in the Global South - Bruce Mutsvairo, Saba Bebwai & Eddy Borges-Rey (Editors)
- Journalist Safety and Self-Censorship - Anna Grohndal, Ingrid Fadnes & Roy Krovel (Editors)
- Discrimination, Gender Disparity and Safety Risks in Journalism - Sadia Jamil, Baris Coban, Bora Aatman & Gifty Appiah-Adjei (Editors)
- Ethnic journalism in the Global South - Anna Gladkova & Sadia Jamil (Editors)
Location: The meeting will take place on Zoom.
Date & time: 30 April 2021 @ 12h00 UTC - 08h00 Washington DC / 09h00 Sao Paulo / 12h00 Accra / 13h00 London / 14h00 Oslo and Cape Town / 15h00 Istanbul / 16h00 Abu Dhabi / 20h00 Singapore / 22h00 Sydney /
Who can participate: The webinar is free for all IAMCR members but space is limited.
Webinars are free for all IAMCR members but space is limited and pre-registration is required. A limited number of guest invitations may be available.
About the series: The IAMCR Webinar Series aims to open channels for engagement and participation in addition to the association's annual conference, keeping IAMCR members connected and engaged with regular dialogue about issues of importance to the international media and communication research community. Join us!