As Vice President I have been responsible for liaison between the Executive Board and three key committees- the Publications Committee, the Membership Committee, and the Environmental Committee. I have also been an active member of the Clearing House and the judging panels for several of the annual prizes IAMCR awards. These experience, and my previous service within IAMCR have given me a good working knowledge of the Association’s practical operations and the current concerns of members. My major aims have been to develop the services IAMCR offers to members and to the bolster the Association’s external visibility through three on-going initiatives: the continuing expansion of the Ambassador network (which has more than doubled in size) ; a proposed systemisation of IAMCR ‘s relations with external agencies through a new network of ‘champions’ who would act as contacts and advocates; and the launch of a new flagship journal to showcase the range and excellence of the research and theorising of IAMCR members. I am seeking a second term as Vice President to see this project through to completion and to continue working on extending and strengthening the Ambassador and Champion networks to help ensure that IAMCR goes from strength to strength.
- Peter Thompson, Victoria University Wellington, New Zealand
- Helena Sousa, University of Minho, Portugal
- John Downey, Loughborough University, United Kingdom
- Jack Qui, Chinese University of Hong Kong, HK
- Benedetta Brevini, University of Sydney, Australia
- Anna Gladkova, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia