Register for Journalism Research and Education Books Launch Webinar
As part of the IAMCR Webinar Series, the Journalism Research and Education Section is pleased to organise an event for scholars in the field to present their recently released or forthcoming books. The aim is to foster knowledge exchange, collaboration and networking opportunities among IAMCR’s and the global scholarly community.
To register you must be a member of IAMCR and logged in to your account.
Title: Journalism Research and Education Section’s Books - Launch 2021
Who can participate: The webinar is free for all IAMCR members but space is restricted. A limited number of guests invitations may be available. Send an email with the subject "guest list for the JRE Books Launch" to register4iamcrwebinar [at] gmail.com (subject: guest%20list%20for%20the%20JRE%20Books%20Launch) to request to be added to the guest list.
Sponsored by: Journalism Research and Education Section (JRE)
Moderated by: Dr Sadia Jamil (Khalifa University of Science & Technology, Abu Dhabi, UAE)
Books being presented:
- The Communication Manifesto - Silvio Waisbord
- Critical Incidents in Journalism: Pivotal Moments Reshaping Journalism around the World - Edson Tandoc, Joy Jenkins, Rayan Thomas & Oscar Westlund (Editors)
- What is Digital Journalism Studies? - Steen Steensen & Oscar Westlund
- African Language Media: Development, Economics and Management - Abiodun Salawu (Editor)
- Foreign Aid and Journalism in the Global South: A Mouthpiece for Truth - Jairo Lugo-Ocando
- Data Journalism in the Global South - Bruce Mutsvairo, Saba Bebwai & Eddy Borges-Rey (Editors)
- Journalist Safety and Self-Censorship - Anna Grohndal, Ingrid Fadnes & Roy Krovel (Editors)
- Discrimination, Gender Disparity and Safety Risks in Journalism - Sadia Jamil, Baris Coban, Bora Aatman & Gifty Appiah-Adjei (Editors)
- Ethnic journalism in the Global South - Anna Gladkova & Sadia Jamil (Editors)
Date & time: 30 April 2021 - 08h00 Washington DC / 09h00 Sao Paulo / 12h00 Accra / 13h00 London / 14h00 Oslo and Cape Town / 15h00 Istanbul / 16h00 Abu Dhabi / 20h00 Singapore / 22h00 Sydney /
Description: At this webinar, the book authors/editors will present their work on different areas of journalism in all corners of the world. The participants will join the discussion, interacting with the authors and editors, and using the event as an opportunity for collective celebration.
Location: The meeting will take place on Zoom. Pre-registered partricipants will receive their personal invitations 24 hours before the webinar begins.
Registration: There is no charge for IAMCR members but pre-registration is required by 28 April @ 13h00 BST (British Summer Time). To register, complete the form below. You must log in to your account in order to see and complete the form.
Not sure if you're a member? Check the membership directory.
If you are not a member of IAMCR, you can join here. A limited number of guest invitations for non-members may be available. Send an email with the subject "guest list for the JRE Books Launch" to register4iamcrwebinar [at] gmail.com (subject: guest%20list%20for%20the%20JRE%20Books%20Launch) to request to be added to the guest list.
About the series: The IAMCR Webinar Series is a new initiative that aims to open-up channels for engagement and participation in addition to the annual conference, while echoing the great work that is done by Sections/Working Groups and IAMCR members. The series will include presentations, debates, book and project launches. The format is flexible, the connection is what matters. Join us!
The deadline to register is 28 April @ 13h00 BST (British Summer Time)