This event took place on 20 June 2022. See past webinars at IAMCR's Webinars Channel on Vimeo >>
The Journalism Research and Education Section is pleased to present a webinar to discuss several recently released or forthcoming books in the field.
Title: Journalism Research and Education Section’s Book Launch 2022
Date & time: 20 June 2022 @ 09h00 UTC / 05h00 New York / 10h00 London / 11h00 Paris / 12h00 Nairobi / 14h30 Kolkata / 17h00 Beijing.
Sponsored by: Journalism Research and Education Section, Asian Media Information and Communication Centre (AMIC), Asian Institute of Journalism and Communication (AIJC), University of Pretoria.
Moderator: Sadia Jamil (Chair, JRE Section)
Discussant: Saba Bebwai (University Technology Sydney)
Special Guests: Tawana Kupe (Vice Chancellor, University of Pretoria), Olivia Celeste Villafuerte (President, AIJC), Ramon Guillermo Tuazon (Secretary General, Amic)
Description: At this webinar, the book authors/editors will present their work on different areas of journalism in all corners of the world. The participants will join the discussion, interacting with the authors and editors, and using the event as an opportunity for collective celebration.
Books being presented:
- McQuail’s Media and Mass Communication Theory - Denis McQuail and Mark Deuze
- Global Journalism: Understanding World Media Systems - Daniela V. Dimitrova (Editor)
- Qualitative Research Methods for Media Studies - Bonnie S. Brennen
- Insights on Peace and Conflict Reporting - Kristin Skare Orgeret (Editor)
- Public Television in Poland: Political Pressure and Public Service Media in a Post-communist Country - Agnieszka Węglińska.
- Indigenous African Popular Music, Volume 1: Prophets and Philosophers - Abiodun Salawu and Israel Fadipe (Editors.)
- Indigenous African Popular Music, Volume 2: Social Crusades and the Future - Abiodun Salawu and Israel Fadipe (Editors)
- The Transformation of the Media System in Turkey: Citizenship, Communication, and Convergence - Eylem Yanardağoğlu
- The House that Zee Built - Surbhi Dahiya
- Indian Media Giants: Unveiling the Business Dynamics of Print Legacies - Surbhi Dahiya
Location: The meeting will take place on Zoom.
Who can participate: The webinar is free for all IAMCR members but space is limited. A limited number of guests invitations may be available. Send an email with the subject "guest list for the JRE webinar" to email@example.com to request to be added to the guest list.
Registration: There is no charge for IAMCR members, but pre-registration is required by 19 June.
Webinars are free for all IAMCR members but space is limited so pre-registration is required. A limited number of guests invitations may be available. Send an email with the subject "guest list for the JRE webinar" to firstname.lastname@example.org to request to be added to the guest list.
See past webinars at IAMCR's Webinars Channel on Vimeo >>
About the series: The IAMCR Webinar Series aims to open channels for engagement and participation in addition to the association's annual conference, keeping IAMCR members connected and engaged with regular dialogue about issues of importance to the international media and communication research community. Join us!