Organised by Centre de recherche interuniversitaire sur la communication, l’information et la société (CRICIS) in collaboration with IAMCR and the PANAM network, Governance and Public Service Media in Knowledge Societies is an IAMCR 2015 post-conference that will take place on 16 and 17 July.
The detailed conference theme can be consulted in English, French, Spanish or Portuguese on the conference website
Proposals should be in line with the conference theme, focussing particularly on one of these questions:
- The impact of social, economic and political changes on the governance of communication systems.
- Patterns of governance for communication systems in the knowledge societies.
- The legitimation of public service media in the age of digital networks.
- The importance and the role of public service media in kwnoledge societies.
- The role of the State, the private sector and the civil society in the governance of communication systems.
- What kind of financing sources for the public service in the contemporary capitalist societies?
- The participation or lack of participation of civil society in the functioning of public service media.
- Public service programming strategies facing the proliferation of media content.
- Social networks and the public service media.
- Comparative analysis of different public service media.
Proposals of 500 to 600 words in English or French must be submitted via the conference website by 31 January 2015. Full papers, in English or French and no more than 5,000 words, must be sent by 30 June 30 2015.
For further details, visit panam.cricis.ca