2020 online elections for S-WG heads
In light of the inability to gather face-to-face, IAMCR's International Council adopted an extraordinary measure to enable online elections for those sections and working groups scheduled to hold elections in 2020. The deadline to submit candidacies is 10 June, 2020. Additionally, Sections and working groups that judged that conditions are not ripe to hold elections this year were given the option to extend the current leadership mandates until 2021.
IAMCR is also holding elections for its Executive Board and International Council.
Sections and working groups holding online elections in 2020
Several of IAMCR's sections and working groups will hold online elections in 2020. Elections will be held from 6 to 12 July, and will follow the special procedures for online elections of section and working group heads.
The deadline to submit candidacies is 10 June 2020. Only current members of IAMCR, and registered as members of the section or working group by that date, are eligible to be candidates or to vote. Voting lists will be generated on 10 June. Members who join the Section or Working Group after the voting lists have been generated will not be able to vote. To join a Section or Working group, login to your IAMCR account and select “My Sections and Working Groups” from the menu.
Click on the name of any section or working group to go to the page with its call for candidates. Candidate statements will be added after the deadline for nominations.
- Community Communication and Alternative Media Section
- Gender and Communication Section
- Global Media Policy Working Group
- International Communication Section
- Islam and Media Working Group
- Media, Communication and Sport Section
- Media Sector Development Working Group
- Participatory Communication Research Section
- Visual Culture Working Group
Sections and working groups that will extend leadership mandates until 2021
The following sections and working groups feel the conditions are not ripe to hold elections in 2020, and opted to extend the mandate of one or more of the heads until 2021, in accordance with the special procedures for online elections of section and working group heads.
Click on the name of any section or working group to see the message sent by the heads to the members of each section/working group.
- Audience Section
- Communication in Post- and Neo-Authoritarian Societies Working Group
- Digital Divide Working Group
- Emerging Scholars Network Section
- History Section
- Journalism Research and Education Section
- Mediated Communication, Public Opinion, and Society Section
- Public Service Media Policies Working Group