The partner session of the Latin American Association of Communication Researchers (ALAIC) is a continuation of the work we have been doing in our association throughout the previous editions of IAMCR in order to build a dialogue between researchers and activists from different regions of the world. This year it focuses on the link between communication and democracy.
It is our intention that this activity will allow us to systematise proposals and actions that can intensify cooperation between researchers, associations and civil society based on practices related to the recognition of differences and similarities.
For this session, we invited researchers from five continents to reflect on communication and democracy and, in particular, on the risks and possibilities that are being experienced in the present and are unfolding towards the future in the different regions.
Date and Time
Tuesday, July 11th | 14h30 - 15h30
Amphithéâtre de la médiathèque
- Dr. Fernando Oliveira Paulino (President, ALAIC)
- Daniela Monje (Vice-President, ALAIC)
- Eduardo Villanueva-Mansilla - Director of International Relations (ALAIC) ; Professor (Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú)
- Andrea Medrado - Vice President (IAMCR); Senior Lecturer (University of Westminster)
- Patricia Nunez Gomez - (ECREA / Universidad Complutense de Madrid, España)
- Gerard Goggin - Professor of Media and Communications (School of Art, Communication and English, Faculty of Arts and Sciences, University of Sydney)
- Kanchan Malik - Professor (Department of Communication, Sarojini Naidu School of Arts & Communications, University of Hyderabad, India)