The UNICEF/IAMCR C4D Research Fund, established in 2019, supports small research initiatives that advance our understanding of how Communication for Development (C4D) contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Projects supported by the Fund feed into the work of the Global Alliance for Social and Behavioural Change (GA4SBC) which IAMCR is a member of, in particular the Evidence for Impact Cluster. This cluster is tasked with compiling evidence from social and behavioural change communication initiatives to advance the scale, quality, impact and sustainability of this field in support of the SDGs.
This panel first offers an introduction to the IAMCR/UNICEF C4D Research Fund, and an update on the work of the GA4SBC, after which the 2021 UNICEF/IAMCR C4D Research Fund awardees present their research. Following responses by two discussants representing HEC and GEN (the Working Group and Section that the award recipients’ research aligns with), a discussion will be facilitated.
Date and Time
Thursday July 13th | 10h30 - 12h30
Salle des thèses
Task Force on the Global Alliance for Social and Behaviour Change (Vice-chair: Elske van de Fliert)
Elske van de Fliert (The University of Queensland/IAMCR Taskforce on GASBC)
- Elske van de Fliert (The University of Queensland/IAMCR Taskforce on GASBC)
- Tom Jacobsen (Temple University/IAMCR Taskforce on GA4SBC)
- Solomon Oyeleye (Caleb University, Nigeria)
- Ifedolapo Ademosu (Caleb University, Nigeria)
- Sneh Gupta and Kulveen Trehan (Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, India)
- Professor Eliza Govender (University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa and Vice Co-Chair Health Communication Working Group)
- Dr Wajiha Raza Rizvi (Beaconhouse National University, Pakistan, Co-Chair Gender and Communication Section)