Istanbul 2011 - Digital Divide Working Group Call for Papers
The Working Group on Digital Divide of the International Association for Media and Communication Research invites submissions for the IAMCR Conference that will be held in Istanbul, Turkey, from July 13 to 17, 2011.
The general theme of the conference is 'Cities, Creativity, Connectivity'.
The WG on DD welcomes papers and panels related to the conference theme, including such topics as:
- cities/urban centers as forums of digital creativity,
- digital divides in cities, and between cities and provinces
- creative digital cities in the local and regional contexts, policies, to stimulate digital creativity on the role of media literacy,
- cities as hubs of digital media,
- divides between digital and non-digital media, divides between audiences as reflection of social inequality and technological illiteracy,
- media divides as divides between cities and other territories,
- digital divide as an effects of disconnected societies,
- digital journalism and problems of disconnections in mass communication.
Other paper and panel proposals pertaining to the section mission are also welcome. The section is open to all theoretical and methodological approaches.
Deadlines and Submission Details
The deadline for submission of abstracts is February 8, 2011.
Please note that this deadline will not be extended.
Submission of abstracts and full papers is to be done online through IAMCR's Open Conference System (OCS) using the link to be found on the official Istanbul conference website.
The results of peer reviews of submitted abstracts will be announced by Section and Working Group Heads by March 25, 2011. Full papers must be submitted online via the IAMCR-OCS by June 3, 2011.
For further information, please visit the IAMCR Istanbul 2011 conference website.