Mission and mandate of the IAMCR Publications Committee
- The Publications Committee’s mandate is to foster the circulation and exchange of 'Knowledges and Insights' that emerge from the intellectual work of the Association. Its activities are premised on its Ethics Policy.
- The Publications Committee takes responsibility for coordinating and/or providing editorial support to publication projects that are developed by IAMCR. This relates to:
- The Palgrave/IAMCR book series
- The Global Handbooks in Media and Communication Research Series (co-published with Wiley-Blackwell)
- Conference books
- Sections and Working Groups’ scholarly publications activities.
- The Publications Committee works to foster linguistic and cultural diversity and inclusion in/through publication activities, and to promote better connection between IAMCR and regional academic associations, particularly in a South-North perspective, by means of information exchanges and cooperation on matters related to the circulation of knowledge and scholarly contributions.
- The Publications Committee strives to play an active role in supporting and promoting equitable, diverse and open models of scholarly communication. This includes, though not restricted to, open-access publications, innovative publication formats and funding models.
Guidelines and Governance Structures
The Publications Committee operates under a set of guidelines adopted by the International Council in April 2015. The guidelines setout the structures, responsibilities and obligations of various IAMCR bodies in relation to publications, including books, book series, post-conference publications and Section and Working Group journals.
The ethics policy of the IAMCR Publications Committee is intended to guide the Committee’s actions and offer policy guidelines regarding research integrity and authorship.
Composition of the Publications Committee
Maria Michalis [contact]
Luis Albornoz - lalborno[at]hum.uc3m.es
Marjan de Bruin - marjandebruin[at]gmail.com
Sarah Cardey - s.p.cardey[at]reading.ac.uk
Changfeng Chen - fengchen5266[at]vip.163.com
Joe Khalil - jkhalil[at]northwestern.edu
Levi Obonyo - lobonyo[at]daystar.ac.ke
Claudia Padovani - claudia.padovani[at]unipd.it
Pradip Thomas - pradip.thomas[at]uq.edu.au
Janet Wasko - jwasko[at]uoregon.edu
Usha Raman (EB liaison) - usha.raman[at]gmail.com