Section and Working Group Project Fund
IAMCR makes funds available to projects undertaken by its sections and working groups (S&WG). The objectives of the fund are:
- Primary objective: Strengthen Section and Working Group activities outside the main IAMCR international conferences
- Secondary objective 1: Enhance collaboration between IAMCR Sections and Working Groups in these non-main conference activities
- Secondary objective 2: Increase the participation of IAMCR members in these non-main conference Section and Working Group activities
Examples of the types of projects able to receive funding include:
- Section and Working Group publications (books and/or journals)
- Section and Working Group events (workshops, small conferences, etc.)
- Section and Working Group advocacy and outreach
Proposals for Section and Working Group projects should be submitted by the Chair of the respective Section or Working Group. Joint proposals from two or more Section and/or Working Groups are also welcome. This article explains the conditions and procedures for applying for funds and includes a downloadable application form.
The Public Service Media Policies Working Group organised an IAMCR post-conference, “Public Service Media in a Time of Global Reordering: Sustainability, Reinvention and Extension”, on 25 June 2018 at the University of Oregon in Eugene. The post-conference was organised in collaboration with the Global PSM Experts Network.
Six projects were recently selected to receive seed funding from an IAMCR programme that seeks to support activities that benefit the association and its membership.
The Participatory Communication Research (PCR) Section had a project accepted for funding by the Section and Working Group Project Fund. The USD 2,000 grant will be used to partially fund two events: an IAMCR 2017 pre-conference Participatory Advertising: A global approach with a Latin American focus and Imagine Europe: Virtual Reality (VR) Performance and Panel Discussion.
The Participatory Communication Research Section had a project accepted for funding by the Section and Working Group Project Fund. The GBP 1,000 grant was used to partially fund an IAMCR 2016 pre-conference Communication for development: building knowledge, skills and criticality in the field
Three projects prepared by IAMCR Sections and Working Group have been accepted for funding.