The pages in this section of the website contain some resources for IAMCR participants and for heads of sections and working groups as they prepare for the conference.
- Session Types at IAMCR Conferences describes the two main types of sessions (Paper Presentation Session and Basic Panel Session) as well as a number of alternative session types that heads or participants might want to employ.
- Submission Review describes the different types of review processes used by IAMCR's sections and working groups as well as the criteria that are most often used to evaluate proposals.
- Guidelines for Presenters provides some suggested guidelines for scholars presenting papers at IAMCR conferences. These are suggested guidelines intended to be helpful on a voluntary basis; they are not strict rules and practices may vary among the various sections and working groups.
- Tips for Session Chairs & Discussants offers ideas for how session chairs and discussants can ensure that sessions run smoothly, highlight scholarship, and encourage discussion.
- How to write good abstracts and constructively review for Early Career Scholars: Watch the recording of this webinar organized by the Media Education Research and Emerging Scholars Network Sections. Insights into IAMCR conference submissions and the review process are provided from 19:10 onward.