Braga 2010 - Digital Divide Working Group Call for Papers
The Working Group on Digital Divide of the International Association for Media and Communication Research invites submissions for the IAMCR Conference that will be held in Braga (Portugal) 2010 from July 18-22. The overall conference theme is Communication and Citizenship. Rethinking Crisis and Change.
This year the theme to be discussed in WG on Digital Divide is The Influence of Crises on Digital Media: Digital Communities Divided. Papers addressing the theme are most welcome.
The WG on Digital Divide suggest discussing the following subjects:
- Financial crises and access to digital media: changing modes, changing information preferences, changing revenue scheme.
- Patterns of digital inequality in the times of uncertainty: the world, regions, countries and communities divided.
- Users Generated Content (UGS) as a means to create new models of political communication; digital democracy and digital inclusion for the modern form of citizenship.
- National solutions to improve access to digital communication in the times of crises.
Abstracts should be sent to the WG on Digital Divide Chairs only through the conference website, and should be between 300-500 words long. Each abstract must include title, name(s), affiliation, institutional address and email address of author(s).
The deadlines are as follows:
- Submission of abstracts: January 31, 2010 (papers will be assessed and provisionally accepted on the basis of the abstracts).
- Announcement of acceptances: March 15, 2010.
- Full papers due: April 30, 2010
IAMCR accepts presentations in English, French and Spanish. However, it is requested that abstracts, if at all possible, be submitted in English.
Digital Divide WG Chair
Digital Divide WG Co-Chair