Braga 2010 - Environment, Science and Risk Communication Working Group Call for Papers
The Environment, Science and Risk Communication Working Group invites proposals for papers to be presented at the 2010 International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) Conference in Braga, Portugal, July 18-22, 2010.
Papers from the full range of environment-science-risk-communication topics and perspectives will be considered, and those relating to the conference theme 'Communication and Citizenship: Rethinking Crisis and Change' will be particularly welcome.
Key themes for the Braga sessions of the Working Group will include:
- Communication, environmental justice and human rights
- Media and global environmental change and controversy
- Media and public understanding of science/environment issues
- Science and health-related media panics
- Science/environmental journalism
- Media-communication roles in environmental disasters
- Political uses/constructions of nature
- Media and environmental pressure groups
- New media and activism on science/environment issues.
Abstracts of no more than 500 words should be submitted via the conference website by January 31st 2010.
Notification of the results of the abstract selection process will be issued by 15th March 2010.
Full papers are due by 30th April 2010 and should be submitted via the conference website.
Working Group Chair:
Department of Media and Communication
University of Leicester
Leicester LE1 7RH