Conference Organising Commission (COC)
Each IAMCR conference will be directed and given overall coordination by a COC, providing monitoring, evaluation, and as a team assuming different responsibilities for the effective, efficient, and inclusive organization of the annual conference for which they take charge.
The COC is a Commission established by the Executive Board.
The membership of the COC comprises:
- IAMCR President (Chair);
- Executive Director;
- three representatives nominated by the Local Organizing Committee.
- to implement the Memorandum of Understanding to be struck by IAMCR and the Hosts;
- to support the LOC in organising the conference, within the framework of the MoU
- to provide feedback on the Call for Papers (CfPs) developed by the Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
- to support the development of conference budget and finances;
- to develop the conference fee, and policy in relation to refunds and use of daily passes;
- to provide feedback and approval of the conference schedule;
- to discuss and provide feedback on the development the overall conference plan, including plenary and special sessions, and pre- and post-conference events;
- to approve the Conference website, and assist and support LOC with promotion;
- to approve environmental impact plans and best practice (in conjunction with the IAMCR Environmental Impact Committee);
- to monitor language and interpretation provision and options;
- to provide feedback on and support implementation of accessibility of conference for participants with disabilities.
- Regular meetings
- Consideration of key information, plans, and milestones in the conference
- Post-hoc evaluation of the conference