Mexico 2009 - Environment, Science and Risk Communication Working Group Call for Papers
The Environment, Science and Risk Communication Working Group invites proposals for papers to be presented at the 2009 International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) Conference in Mexico City, Mexico, July 21-24, 2009.
Papers from the full range of environment-science-risk-communication topics and perspectives will be considered, and those relating to the conference theme ‘Human Rights and Communication' will be particularly welcome.
Key themes for the Mexico City meeting of the Working Group will include:
- Communication, environmental justice and human rights
- Media and global environmental change and controversy
- Media and public understanding of science/environment issues
- Science and health-related media panics
- Science/environmental journalism
- Media-communication roles in environmental disasters
- Political uses/constructions of nature
- Media and environmental pressure groups
- New media and activism on science/environment issues.
Abstracts of no more than 500 words should be submitted to the Chair of the Working Group, Anders Hansen, on ash[AT]le.ac.uk (or via the online abstract submission form on the conference website) by no later than 16th February 2009.
Notification of acceptances will be issued by 29th March 2009.
Full papers are due by 1st July 2009.
Department of Media and Communication
University of Leicester
Leicester LE1 7RH