Stockholm 2008 - Environment, Science and Risk Communication Working Group Call for Papers
EXTENDED DEADLINE: 15 FEBRUARY 2008!
The Environment, Science and Risk Communication Working Group invites proposals for papers to be presented at the 2008 International Association for Media and Communication Research (IAMCR) Conference in Stockholm, Sweden, July 20-25, 2008.
Papers from the full range of environment-science-risk-communication topics and perspectives will be considered, and those relating to the conference theme 'Media and Global Divides' will be particularly welcome.
Key themes for the Stockholm meeting of the Working Group will include:
- Media and global environmental change
- Media and public understanding of science/environment issues
- Science and health-related media panics
- Science/environmental journalism
- Media roles in global environmental controversy
- Political uses/constructions of nature
- Media and environmental pressure groups
- New media and activism on science/environment issues.
Abstracts of no more than 500 words should be submitted to the Chair of the Working Group, Anders Hansen, on
ash[AT]le.ac.uk by no later than 15 February 2008.
Notification of acceptance/rejection of abstracts will be issued by 31st March 2008.
Department of Media and Communication
University of Leicester
Leicester LE1 7RH
Download this document as a PDF file: