Istanbul 2011 - Ethics of Society-Ethics of Communication Working Group Call for Papers
The Ethics of Society - Ethics of Communication Working Group invites submissions for its sessions at the 2011 IAMCR Conference in Istanbul, Turkey, July 13-17 2011. The overall conference theme is 'Cities, Creativity and Connectivity'.
Papers in the following themes are particularly welcome:
- Ethical implications of the development of the different types of relationship in cities and rural areas. The main topics to be approached should be the territorial, sociological (and its specificities), economic, political, cultural, educational, technical, communication and leisure challenges and constraints.
- The role of ideology, religion, interests and law. From the ethical perspective, the intercultural relations between natives and immigrants.
- The ethical impact of the immigrant flows to urban and rural areas.
- The ethics of urban and rural work
- The dialectical and ethical relationship between urban development and globalization.
- The influence of social change on ethical practices in urban and rural areas
Abstracts should be sent through the conference website, and should be between 300-500 words long. Each abstract must include title, name(s), affiliation, institutional address and email address of author(s).
The deadlines are as follows:
Submission of abstracts: February 8, 2011
Announcement of acceptances: March 25, 2011
Full papers due: June 3, 2011
Visit the conference website for further information.
Manuel Parés i Maicas
Ethics of Society - Ethics of Communication Working Group, Chair