How to present a proposal to the C/TF fund
Proposals for Committee and Task Force projects should be submitted by the Chair of the respective committee or task force. Joint proposals from two or more committees and/or task forces are also welcome. This article explains the conditions and procedures for applying for funds and includes a downloadable application form.
- Primary objective: Support the activities of the committee or task force in relation to the realization of its remit
- Secondary objective 1: Increase the participation of IAMCR members in the committee and task force
- Secondary objective 2: Allow the committee or task force to expand its activities (within the framework of its remit).
Examples are: C&TF advocacy and (internal and external) outreach, C&TF events (expert workshops, training sessions, etc.), C&TF publications (books and/or journals), etc.
A proposed project should comply with the following conditions:
- It should be aimed at fulfilling the primary objective of the fund, as outlined above, and at least one of the secondary objectives.
- It must be in alignment with the IAMCR remit, as described on the IAMCR website (http://iamcr.org/objectives).
- The main applicant is the Chair of an IAMCR Committee or Task Force. Applications can be submitted by an individual Committee or Task Force, but co-applicants are encouraged. If other C&TFs are co-applicants, their agreement must be provided by the Head of that Committee or Task Force.
- Proposals must include a clear description of: 1) the applicant(s), 2) the project objectives, 3) the target group(s), 4) the expected outcomes, including tangible deliverables of the project, 5) a work plan and detailed schedule, and 6) a detailed budget.
- It should have a maximum duration of two years.
- It should be self-sustainable after the completion of the project – no additional IAMCR resources will be provided after project completion.
- The main applicant, together with co-applicants, is responsible for the implementation of the project towards the IAMCR Executive Board. Responsibilities can be delegated to others, but the main applicant retains ultimate responsibility.
- The requested project subsidy from IAMCR should not exceed USD 2,000. If the total cost of the project exceeds this maximum subsidy of USD 2,000, the proposal’s budget should state clearly what additional sources of funding are available to cover all costs and make the activity viable. For 2023 publication projects can request up to USD 3,000.
- A Committee or Task Force can only get funding for one activity per calendar year approved (as main applicant). An application from a Committee or Task Force that has received funds in 2 consecutive years will be given lower priority than one received by a Committee or Task Force that has not.
Applications are evaluated by a committee, which makes recommendations to the Executive Board. Elske van der Fliert, IAMCR treasurer, chairs the committee. See the list of the members of all IAMCR’s committees and task forces.
Applicants whose proposal has been approved must agree to:
- Present the project at the first IAMCR conference that takes place after confirmation of project approval has been received.
- Sign an agreement with the IAMCR Executive Board using IAMCR’s template.
- Provide the IAMCR Treasurer with an account to which the project funds can be transferred. (IAMCR accounts cannot be used for the purpose of project fund management.)
- Submit a project report after completion of the proposed activities, as per instructions provided in the signed agreement.
- Prepare an article on the project for publication on the IAMCR website and distribution to the membership.
- Acknowledge IAMCR as (one of) the funding source(s) in publications and promotional materials that are materialised with the funds.
Applications can be submitted anytime of the year but will be evaluated two times a year
- Decisions for applications submitted by 31 January will be announced by 28 February.
- Decisions for applications submitted by 30 September will be announced by 31 October.
After approval and signing of the agreement, the project should be launched as soon as possible and the applicant should adhere to the reporting requirements.
To apply, complete the application form and send it to IAMCR Treasurer, Elske van de Fliert at the email address on the form.