IAMCR 2012 - Ethics of Society and Ethics of Communication Working Group Call for Papers
The Ethics of Society and Ethics of Communication Working Group of the IAMCR invites submissions of abstracts for papers for the next annual IAMCR conference to be held from July 15-19, 2012 at the Howard College Campus of the University of KwaZulu Natal (UKZN) in Durban, South Africa. The conference will seek to explore the varied modalities of communication, of media flows and of associated identities, images and perceptions of the participants.
The Working Group welcomes submissions on all areas of interest to the broad designator of Ethics of Society and Ethics of Communication, and is especially interested in research on the following topics:
- Covering the conflict between North and South;
- “The image” of South in film and TV made by North broadcasting Companies;
- The roles played by propaganda and disinformation in political news;
- Ethical implications of the social and economic development North and South;
- The role of ideology, religion, interests;
- The dialectical and ethical relationship between urban development and globalization;
- The influence of social change on ethical practices in North and South;
- The relationship between ethics and politics;
- The political developments in different areas of the world: comparing North and South;
- The actors in the different modalities of political communication;
- The sources of political information and their risks from an ethical point of view;
- Political news and public relations
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
- Please ensure that your abstract includes the title of the paper and author information: name(s) of author(s) and title (professor, postdoctoral fellow, graduate student, etc.), institutional affiliation, e-mail address, postal, phone and fax information should be provided.
- Length of abstract: 300 - 500 words.
- Mode of submission: All Abstracts should be submitted only via the central Open Conference System (OCS).
- Number of submissions for this WG: Only one submission per author or co-author or panel chair or panel participant will be considered for review in this Working Group.
Please note that in submitting the same or very similar abstract to more than one section or working group, the author risks being removed from the conference program. Duplicate or very similar abstracts submitted to other sections or this Working Groups would not consider working groups for review
Note: Upon submission of an abstract, you will be asked to confirm that your submission is original and that it has not been previously published in the form presented. You will also be given an opportunity to declare if your submission is currently before another conference for consideration.
Although IAMCR accepts presentations in its official languages of Spanish, English, and French, we encourage abstract submissions in English to facilitate timely completion of the reviews and selections for the conference.
All submissions must be uploaded to the Open Conference System (OCS). The Online Conference System will open on December 1, 2011, and will close on February 14, 2012.
The Working Group Head will communicate decisions on acceptance of abstracts to individual applicants no later than March 12, 2012.
On the same day, March 12, 2012, conference registration will open for bookings by participants.
For those whose abstracts are accepted, full conference papers are to be submitted via the IAMCR OCS by June 10, 2012.
For further general information on the conference, please contact the Local Organizing Committee (LOC) or consult the Conference Organizers via the website at:
or by email at
For any question please contact the coordinating team of Ethics of Society and Ethics of Communication working Group:
|Co-Chair:||Manuel Parés Maicas
University Autónoma de Barcelona
|Co-Chair:||Maria Teresa Nicolás
Universidad Panamericana, México