An IAMCR post-conference event
Description: The digital turn in our societies brings about significant changes that are reshaping the practice of journalism and threatening some of its core principles. This new environment poses new challenges for both scholars and practitioners. The principle of “objectivity”, which is paramount to good journalism in western societies, is being increasingly questioned, as well as the imbalance between news and opinions. The capacity of the news media to correctly interpret social trends and movements is at stake, and alternative models are now being tested outside mainstream coverage. Doubts arise about the capacity of the mainstream media to present a point of view that reflects the reality in all of its complexity. Other concerns relate to the preservation of local media specificities in various parts of the world. Technologies develop in sharp progression in every sphere of society, creating unprecedented conditions for the propagation of fake news and presenting an array of new ethical dilemmas for reporters, users and media companies. The Post Conference aims to address these and other issues from an ethical perspective and includes but also goes beyond deontological norms and how they apply to journalism.
Location: Ramon Llull University - Barcelona, Spain.
Date and time: Friday, 12 July, 2019 - 09:30 to 17:30
IAMCR members: 25 € (Euros)
Non IAMCR members: 35 € (Euros)
Please send abstracts (300 to 350 words plus references) by 10 April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Post Conference accepts abstracts and presentations in Spanish, English, French and Portuguese (all presentations with a Power Point in English).
- IAMCR Journalism Research and Education Section
- IAMCR Ethics of Society & Ethics of Communication Working Group
- Carlos Miguel Ruiz Caballero, email@example.com
- Cláudia Lago, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elvira García de Torres, email@example.com
- Hugo Aznar Gómez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maria Teresa Nicolás Gavilán, email@example.com
- Pere Masip Masip, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yanick Farmer, email@example.com