Call for Nominations
Nominations are now open for candidates for IAMCR’s Executive Board (president, two (2) vice presidents, secretary general and treasurer), and fifteen (15) members of the International Council. Nominations can be made by institutional or individual members who are current members of the Association with fees paid for 2020. Nominations must be received by Beate Josephi, Chair of the Election Committee, email beate.josephi [at] sydney.edu.au and, at the same time, by Valeria Zamisch at IAMCR’s Executive Secretariat membership [at] iamcr.org. Nominations close on March 17, 2020, 23:59 UTC.
- Nominations for candidates for the Executive Board must be supported by a minimum of five (5) current members of the Association with fees paid for 2020 from at least two (2) different countries.
- Each candidate must be a current member of the Association with fees paid for 2020. Individual members and representatives of institutional members are eligible.
- Candidates may be nominated for one or more positions on the Executive Board and, if they wish, for membership of the International Council. Candidates for election to both the Executive Board and the International Council shall, if successful in the former, be automatically removed from the latter.
- Candidates for election to the International Council must be current members of the Association (as individuals or as representatives of an institutional member) with fees paid for 2020 and may be nominated by either one current member of the Association or by themselves. They may include members also nominated for the Executive Board. If nominated, candidates have to notify the Election Committee that they accept their nomination.
- Any candidates elected to the Executive Board will be ineligible to stand on the International Council.
- Each candidate must confirm to the chair of the Election Committee that they accept their nomination.
- Candidates for the Executive Board should send a statement of no more than 200 words, a short curriculum vitae of no more than two pages, in which they may share a link to further relevant information, and a photo to the Chair of the Election Committee and the Executive Secretariat by March 17, 2020. Candidate statements, CVs and photos in PDF format will not be accepted.
- Candidates for the International Council should send a statement of no more than 200 words and a photo to the Chair of the Election Committee and the Executive Secretariat by March 17, 2020. Candidate statements and photos in PDF format will not be accepted.
- The statements should be in one of IAMCR's official languages (English, French or Spanish) but can also be provided by the candidate in two or all three languages. IAMCR will not translate statements but will publish them in all official languages they are received in.
- The Election Committee will validate the candidates, ensuring that candidates are eligible and their nominators are validated.
- A list of candidates will be maintained on the IAMCR website along with their statements and photo. New candidates will be added as their nominations are received and validated.
Online voting will take place from 11 May – 31 May 2020.
Nominations should be sent to two addresses at the same time:
beate.josephi [at] sydney.edu.au
membership [at] iamcr.org