2023 schedule and procedures for Section & Working Group elections
Several of IAMCR's sections and working groups will be holding online elections in 2023. They are listed below. Note that many of them are having partial elections, with only one or two chairs/vice-chairs being elected while other chairs/vice-chairs continue in the current mandate.
The elections will be held online from 31 May to 16 June* using the SurveyMonkey platform.
The call for candidates has been launched, and the deadline to submit candidate statements was 17 May.
Individual members and representatives of institutional members in good standing, who are also registered as members of the Section or Working Group are eligible to stand for a position and to vote.
- 26 April - call for candidates launched
- 17 May - deadline to receive candidate statements
- 31 May - Polls open
- 16 June - Polls close
- 21 June - Elections results announced
Click on the name of any section or working group to go to the page with its call for candidates:
- Communication Policy and Technology Section
- Community Communication and Alternative Media Section
- Diaspora and Media Working group
- Emerging Scholars Network Section
- Health Communication Working Group
- Law Section
- Media, Communication and Sport Section
- Media Education Research Section
- Media Sector Development Working Group
- Political Communication Research Section
- Political Economy Section
- Popular Culture Working Group
- Religion and Communication Working Group
- Rural Communication Working Group
- Visual Culture Working Group
*voting dates have been updated