IAMCR is making twenty five grants of up to US$ 1,500 each available to early-stage scholars, who are members in good standing, reside in low and middle income countries and will be participating in our upcoming conference in Hyderabad, India.
The cash grants are intended to help offset the travel costs of IAMCR members who would otherwise be unable to attend the conference. You must have a paper accepted for presentation in order to apply. Applications must be received by 5 April 2014. Applicants must have been a paid up member of IAMCR for at least one year.
The twenty five (25) travel grants are available to early-stage scholars (who have no tenured position at the moment of applying) who have been members in good standing of IAMCR for at least one year (2013 & 2014), currently reside in low or middle income countries (see IAMCR's country classification list) and who have an abstract accepted for full presentation at the conference. Scholars who have been recipients of more than one IAMCR conference grant in the past are not eligible. For co-authored papers, only the first author will be eligible for a grant unless he or she is unable to attend the conference.
Applications must include:
- a letter stating that: (1) you have been a paid up member for at least one full year; (2) you will attend the IAMCR conference if you receive the grant, (3) you will submit a full paper before the deadline of 20 June 2014, and (4) you will present your paper at the conference;
- a travel cost budget, which includes the amount requested for the travel grant (maximum US$ 1,500);
- a brief biographical statement or CV, clearly stating your professional status (showing that you are an early-stage scholar) and detailing any IAMCR conference grants you have received in the past;
- a copy of your accepted abstract;
- a copy of the message from a Section or Working Group coordinator confirming acceptance of your abstract;
- full contact details (name, postal address, telephone, email);
- full financial data allowing for an international bank transfer (including the name and address of the account holder, the name and address of the bank, the international bank code of the bank and the complete international version of the account number).
Deadline: Applications must be received by 5 April 2014. Only paid up members of IAMCR are eligible to apply. Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicate clearly in the subject of your message that you're applying for an IAMCR Travel Grant.
Decisions: We will notify the grant recipients by 10 April 2014. Winners will have two weeks to confirm their acceptance, after which unconfirmed grants will be reassigned to other applicants.
Successful applicants must submit their full paper by 20 June 2014.
The travel grants will only be paid after the full paper has been submitted to the Online Conference System at iamcr-ocs.org and a confirmation email, including a signed letter committing awardees to reimburse the grant if they do not attend the conference and present their paper, has been sent to email@example.com. Costs inflicted by currency exchanges and bank charges may be deducted from the final grant amount.