Communication and cultural studies scholars the world over learned with deep regret of the passing on February 20, 2014, of Professor Stuart Hall, one of the preeminent and iconic leaders of social and political discourse in our field. At its 2014 conference in Hyderabad, India, IAMCR paid tribute to the memory of Stuart Hall by dedicating one of its plenary sessions in his honour. The session took place on Wednesday July 16 from 11:00 to 12:30. A special IAMCR award in Hall’s name was announced at the session.
Click on the links below to access the video recordings of the presentations.
- Hopeton Dunn, University of the West Indies, Jamaica (Convener and Chair)
- Suzie Tharu, cultural studies and feminist scholar, formerly of the English and Foreign Languages University (EFLU), Hyderabad, India
- Colin Sparks, Hong Kong Baptist University in Hong Kong and formerly of University of Westminster in London
- Sandra Ristovska, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Pennsylvania, USA and Co-Chair of IAMCR's Emerging Scholars Network (ESN)
- Garry Whannel, University of Bedfordshire, UK