New issue of Political Economy journal
The Political Economy of Communication is a peer-reviewed open access journal published under the auspices of the IAMCR Political Economy section. It showcases original research from established and emerging scholars and commentaries on contemporary media-related issues. Volume 8, Number 2 is now available online.
This volume includes:
Patriotic Journalism in Fake News Warfare: El País’ Coverage of the Catalan Process
Lluís Mas-Manchón, Frederic Guerrero-Solé, Xavier Ramon & Laura Grande
Special Section on The Social Dilemma (by Jeff Orlowski, Netflix, 2020)
edited by Paschal Preston
- Introduction: The Social Dilemma: Partial Insights Amidst Fuzzy Frames
- Review I: The Social Dilemma: A Contradictory Narrative About Platform Power
- Review II: Missing in Action: Silences and Evasions in The Social Dilemma
- Review III: Escaping the Matrix or Repeating Liberal (Techno)Solutions?
- Review IV: The Social Dilemma's Dilemma: Challenging and Reproducing Social Media Myths
Janet Wasko’s Legacy